It feels so good to be back! You can find all of my previous blog posts at: thedailygarlic.blogspot.com
Sadly, for the past two years I have allowed a passion of mine to get pushed aside by the distractions of life. They say that we learn as we grow and as a result, I have learned that I MUST make the time (notice I did not say “find”) to do the things that I love. As a mom and a wife my responsibilities are endless and if I don’t MAKE time for myself, then who will? Life can quickly become monotonous if we don’t make the time to do the things that we enjoy. It all ties into self-care.
With that said, I am ecstatic to present to you, my first blog post in two years!!!
With the boys (now ages 5 and 12) both being ridiculously picky eaters, and the husband and I having semi-sophisticated palates, I attempt to find a crowd pleaser meal at least once a week. What’s more of a crowd please than Pizza?!
1 pkg. of store bought Pizza Dough (or you can find my favorite homemade pizza dough recipe at thedailygarlic.blogspot.com)
1 C Pizza Sauce (you can find my favorite “Perfect Pizza Sauce” recipe at thedailygarlic.blogspot.com)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 C freshly grated Mozzarella
1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
toppings of your liking, I used: pepperoni cut into quarters, red onion, green bell pepper, sliced mushroom, and sliced olives
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees
- Stretch out the pizza dough into a uniform round
- Set a 9-12″ cast iron pan over burner set on med-high
- Allow the pan to heat, then place the stretched dough inside the pan making sure to pull the dough up the sides of the pan.
- Allow the dough to bubble then brush the dough evenly with olive oil
- Season with salt & pepper
- Distribute the pizza sauce evenly (its ok if it gets onto the crust!)
- Top with a mixture of mozzarella & parmesan
- Next, top with your favorite toppings
- Sprinkle with garlic powder
- Slide the cast iron pan (careful…the handle with be VERY hot!) into the preheated oven and allow to bake for 12-18 minutes.
- Let the pizza rest a few minutes before slicing, this will give you time to enjoy its beauty!