With both boys in little league, baseball season can quickly turn my household upside down if I don’t stay on my toes! At least twice a week we have what I refer to as “baseball dinner”, which means that we eat something that was prepared quickly and consumed later than typical. I am constantly on the prowl for quick & healthy dinner options for my so-called “baseball dinners”. This recipe for Blackened Lemon Pepper Salmon fits the criteria perfectly! The crispyness combined with the juiciness of this filet will not leave you disappointed. I promise.
3 TBSP butter
4 (5-7 oz in size) Boneless Skinless Salmon fillets. *Wild caught when possible. I purchased mine (from Costco) with the skin on and removed it at home.
Salt & pepper
1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
Juice from 1/2 Lemon
Lemon wedges for garnish
- Melt butter in a cast iron pan over med-high heat
- Using tongs, dredge salmon fillets in the hot butter and set on a plate
- Season both sides with salt, pepper & lemon pepper
- Carefully place the fillets back into the hot pan and cook on each side for aprox 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top
NOTE: Preparing this recipe as directed will create a large amount of smoke. It’s a good idea to crack open a window & turn on your exhaust hood
prepared while listening to: “fake love” by drake