The one and only time I’ve ever been shooed out of my own kitchen was all because of this lovely dish…
I believe that the kitchen should be a place to gather, to laugh, to dance, a place to feel love & gratitude and of course a place to enjoy delicious food. But God forbid that it happens while I’m cooking! I tend to get intense while in chef mode. I feel the need to have free range of my limited space. And with the attention span of a goldfish, it’s important that I also have zero distractions. After all, that’s how food gets itself burned! 😉
So one evening last week, the aroma of garlic (one of my most favorite smells in life!) led me straight into the kitchen. Francisco was in full on chef mode and quickly shooed me out. He was busy preparing this delicious dish, and you know what? I had to stop to laugh… because the tables had turned and I completely understood!
The garlic. The parm. The mushrooms in the cream sauce. I’m salivating all over just thinking about it!!
1 lb. Chicken tenders, cubed
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
8 oz. Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
FOR THE CREAMY PARMESAN GARLIC SAUCE:
1/4 C Butter
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 TBSP flour
1/2 C water
1/2 tsp Chicken Flavor Boullion
1 C Heavy Cream
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 C Spinach, chopped
- In a large pan cook the chicken in olive oil over a Med-High heat until cooked through.
- Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender, this takes just a few minutes. Remove these and set aside as well.
- To prepare the sauce (again in the same pan): Melt the butter. Add the garlic, stir constantly and cook until tender. Whisk in the flour and chicken boullion to form a roux. Next, whisk in the water, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the spinach and allow it to simmer until the sauce thickens and the spinach wilts.
- Add the cooked chicken and mushrooms back into the sauce.
- Serve over pasta
this recipe was adapted from: therecipecritic.com