Hey guys! Man does time fly when you’re having fun!? It’s been over three weeks since my last recipe post, and probably even longer than that since I made this recipe for grilled artichokes. I must admit, I did have some help. While I did all of the prepping and steaming, by brother-in-law did the grilling. And what a fine job he did!
These grilled artichokes would go well with whatever dipping sauce you choose. My go to is a quick chop of cilantro, maybe 2 TBSP mix it into a cup of Mayo, stir in the juice of one lime and you’re good to go!!
Kitchen tunes: How Do I Live?/LeAnn Rimes
4 large artichokes; halved
1 lemon, quartered
3/4 C olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Remove the outer leaves then trim the tops, stems and tips of leaves from the artichokes, cut in half lengthwise. Place the halves into the bowl of lemon water, this will prevent them from browning.
- Fill a large pot with 1 inch of water, bring the water to a boil
- Using tongs, place the artichokes into the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce to simmer and simmer for approx. 15 min. then drain.
- Squeeze the lemon wedges into a medium bowl. Stir in the olive oil, garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the artichokes on an outdoor grill for 5-10 minutes, brushing the garlic dip on during the last couple of minutes. Serve immediately with the remaining dip or a dip of your choice.
TIP: Using a stainless steel or an enameled pot will prevent discoloration or off flavors of the artichoke