Having two growing boys with insatiable appetites and minimal time to grocery shop, I often tend to go over board on the healthy items that I know they are willing to eat. Hence the reason that I brought home six pounds of bananas last weekend! The mister warned me that they’d go brown before they had a chance to get consumed, I of course had other plans….like smoothies and BANANA MUFFINS! 🙂
kitchen tunes: The Next Episode/Dr. Dre
1.5 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 C sugar
1/3 C butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by coating with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed banana, sugar and melted butter.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the banana mixture.
- Scoop into the muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 25 minutes or until golden.