Quite often, something in the grocery store will catch my eye and almost in a compulsive manner, I’ll toss it into my cart unknowing of what will come of it. That was pretty much the case with these snow peas. I love snow peas. And I love stir fry. It just made sense!
kitchen tunes: You Found Me/ The Fray
1 LB lean beef, cut into 1/4 in thick strips
3 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 LB snow peas
1 onion, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
2/3 C chicken broth
2 1/2 TBSP sherry
1 TBSP corn starch
3 TBSP olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
sesame seeds, toasted
garlic chili sauce
steamed white rice
- Mix beef, 2 TBSP soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the chicken broth, sherry, 2 TBSP water, remaining 1 TBSP soy sauce and the cornstarch.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry the beef until browned, this takes only a few minutes. Transfer the beef and any liquid to a plate.
- Add the remaining TBSP oil to the skillet. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and sugar snap peas and stir fry until slightly softened but still crunchy to the bite. Next add the chicken broth mixture, lower heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the beef and juices back into the skillet and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice, garnish with sesame seeds and garlic chili sauce.