Yam fries are currently my favorite side dish and snack. I’ll usually make a double batch of these babies and use a portion to go with whatever I’m making for dinner that night and use the rest to snack on in the coming days. They taste great served hot or cold straight out of the fridge! Really!
This recipe is a DG creation.
kitchen tunes: drop it like its hot/ snoop dog ft. pharrell
3 medium yams OR 2 large yams
1/4 C premium olive oil
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg
cayenne pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash yams and slice into fries
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, nutmeg and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper. (Use more or less according to your personal preference).
- Toss the yam fries into the olive oil mixture and coat evenly.
- Transfer to a large cookie sheet in a single layer making sure that the skin side is up.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt upon removing from the oven.