Recipe adapted from: Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes/ Dinnerthendessert.com
kitchen tunes: hit em up style/ blu cantrell
1 lb ground beef
2 TBSP butter
1 small onion, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
8 oz. cremini mushrooms, minced
1 C beef broth
1 TBSP cornstarch
2 TBSP ketchup
1 TBSP worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 slices provolone cheese
6 slices brioche bread, grilled
- In a large cast iron skillet, brown the ground beef until a nice brown crust forms before breaking the beef apart.
- Continue to brown until cooked through.
- Remove the beef from the pan and set aside, leaving any fat in the bottom of the pan.
- Add the butter, onion, bell pepper and mushroom into the pan. Brown until softened.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beef broth and cornstarch.
- Add the ketchup, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and the beef broth/cornstarch mixture to the pan.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes, most of the liquid will absorb.
- Turn off the heat, top with sliced provolone and cover the pan allowing the cheese to melt.
- Serve on grilled brioche bread.