My inspiration often comes from the mister. He will sometimes have a special request of something that doesn’t yet exist in my recipe library, which in turn motivates me to create! Here is our latest collaboration.
A Daily Garlic original recipe.
kitchen tunes: im into you by chet faker
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 tsp salt & fresh ground pepper, each
2 tsp Herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp dried fennel
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
1/2 C red wine
2 C chicken broth
1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, divided and rolled into bite sized balls
1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over med/high heat. Add the sausage balls and brown on all sides, stirring often until cooked through. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Using the same pot, add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, salt & pepper, Herbes de Provence and dried fennel in the residual sausage grease. Cook until the onions and bell pepper are softened.
- Next, add the sausage back into the pot along with the crushed tomatoes, red wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 25 min.
- Remove the lid, add in the shrimp, stir until the shrimp are cooked through. They will cook quickly, remove from heat to be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
- Serve with crusty french bread. ENJOY!!