My recipe of choice to end an especially healthy weekend! I ran in a half marathon on Saturday and beat my personal best time! 🙂 ***I feel that using low sodium soy sauce is especially important as to not make the sauce too salty***
this recipe is a DG original
kitchen tunes: dog days are over by florence + the machine
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the stir fry sauce ingredients. Transfer to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and allow to simmer for three minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir fry the ground pork with the onion and garlic until the pork is no longer pink. Drain.
- Place the meat back into the pan and stir in the stir fry sauce making sure to coat the meat thoroughly. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sesame oil and cilantro.
- Peel the outer skin off of the carrot, after its peeled, use the peeler to peel long thin strips of the carrot to top the meat mixture with.
- Serve in Romaine lettuce leaves and top with Chili Garlic Sauce.