When Dominic was an infant I was asked by his pediatrician if he ate a lot of carrots. I remember replying “Carrots and sweet potatoes are his favorite, why do you ask?” “Because his skin has an orange tinge to it.” So there you go! It must be true…we really are what we eat!
Thinking about it now, I wonder what he would’ve looked like had I only fed him purple carrots and purple potatoes?
And since I don’t plan to have anymore children, will someone please do me the favor of feeding their baby a moderate amount of purple carrots and purple potatoes and let me know how that goes?
Come on…it’ll be fun, do it in the name of science! 😉
kitchen tunes: Budapest/George Ezra
2 TBSP Organic Raw Blue Agave
2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
1 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and microplaned
1 lime juiced and zested
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 bunch of rainbow carrots, peeled and cut into strips
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first six ingredients.
- Add the prepared carrots into the bowl and toss to coat.
- Arrange carrots onto a 9×13 inch roasting pan.
- Place into the oven and bake until tender. Approx. 25 minutes
*Recipe adapted from: The Family Circle/April 2017 issue