As far as imagination and creativity goes, my brain sometimes severely lacks. Although I will say that I do have a pretty decent ability of being able to take a basic recipe (such as Betty Crockers “Scones”) and revising it, thus turning it into something of my own. As long as I stick close to the same dry/wet ingredient ratio, I can have so much fun swapping out ingredients and adding my own spin on it, often based on what I already have in my fridge. Most of the time it works, occasionally it doesn’t. With this mornings breakfast, I’d say it went very well!
Kitchen tunes: I’m yours/ jason mraz
1 3/4 all purpose flour
3 TBSP granulated sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 C firm unsalted butter
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
6 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, sift together the first five ingredients listed.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like fine crumbs
- Stir in the egg, chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream (dough will be slightly dry)
- Knead lightly 10 times.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, pat the dough down into an 8 inch round and using a sharp knife cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake for aprox 15 minutes.